My friend Val is an extraordinary cook!
She delighted everyone with her DELICIOUS Herbed Beef Stew with Noodles a couple of weeks ago when a group of friends and neighbors gathered to watch the AFC Championship game together.
Here's Val's yummy recipe for you to share with your loved ones during the Super Bowl (or any day at all). Go Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos. May the best team win! Whatever the final score, I'm sure you'll agree that Val's recipe is a WINNER! Enjoy!
1/4 cup butter
4 lb. beef chuck, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
1 lb. mushrooms, sliced
6 yellow onions, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
3/4 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 bay leaves
1/4 teaspoon pepper
(1) 10 1/2 oz. can of beef stock
(2) 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes
1 bunch carrots
6 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup cold water
green peas and parsley
1. Melt butter in large kettle or dutch oven; brown meat (a few pieces at a time).
2. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, dill, basil, thyme, bay leaves and pepper. Saute slowly, stirring occasionally until onions and mushrooms are tender.
3. Add stock and tomatoes. Simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Add carrots and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender.
5. Mix flour with cold water until smooth. Add gradually to stew, stir constantly.
6. Continue to stir and heat until gravy is thickened.
7. Add peas and garnish with parsley.
8. Serve over buttered noodles.
You are in for a treat! Get your ingredients organized and have fun preparing a feast! Val's Herbed Beef Stew with Noodles is a party favorite and a real touchdown!
Donna LaRoche, M.Ed., Professional Organizer Serving Cape Cod, MetroWest and Eastern Massachusetts Contact: 617.640.2366, www.energizeandorganize.com
Phone: 617.640.2366 | Falmouth and Natick, Massachusetts
Organizing Cape Cod, MetroWest and Eastern Massachusetts including Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge, Concord, Dover, Framingham, Medfield, Millis, Natick, Needham, Newton and Villages, Norfolk, Sherborn, Sudbury, Waltham, Watertown, Wayland, Wellesley and Weston © 2020