It's the happy holiday season!
Is your refrigerator a black hole of fuzzy cheese, past-their-prime veggies, and unidentifiable leftovers? It's time to get organized! In just a short time, you can take your fridge from funky to fresh!
Begin by purging outdated and unsavory foods. Then, wipe down all shelving and bins so they're squeaky clean. With your fresh slate, keep these storage tips in mind as you return foods to the fridge.
• Keep items you use most frequently near the front and at eye level.
• Store taller items in the back of the fridge and shorter items in front of them for easy visibility.
• Don't forget that you can adjust a fridge's shelves to maximize space.
• Group similar things together. For example, place all drinks on one shelf, veggies in one drawer, fruits in another, condiments on the shelves in the door, and all dairy together on one shelf.
• Containerize categories of items for easy accessibility. Invest in simple organizing tools, such as a Lazy Susan to hold condiments or a low, open-top bin to corral small jars.
• Use a label maker to label drawers, shelves, and containers with the general category of foods stored there. This not only makes it easy to locate the foods you need, but also allows family members to return foods to the correct area after meal prep and grocery shopping.
• Encourage healthy eating habits by storing good-for-you foods near the front of the fridge in easy-to-grab containers.
© 2018 Articles on Demand™
Remember, if you need assistance and support with your family life, home and/or office organization, you are cordially invited to contact ...
Donna LaRoche, M.Ed., Professional Organizer Serving Cape Cod, MetroWest and Eastern Massachusetts Contact: 617.640.2366 www.energizeandorganize.com
Organizing Barnstable, Bourne, Chatham, Dennis, Eastham, Falmouth, Hyannis, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Orleans, Provincetown, Sandwich, Truro and Yarmouth © 2024