No matter if you purchase an expensive custom garage storage system or just hang a few hooks for your bikes, investing in your garage is a good idea. Hey, you might even fit your car in there once it’s organized!
• Think of your garage in terms of zones: automotive, gardening, sports, tools, toys, etc. Consolidate items for easy retrieval, placing items as close as possible to where they will be used. For example, keep gardening accoutrements in a large basket by the outside door. Set recycling bins right next to the interior door. Put tools near the workbench.
• Install pegboard on one wall. Use hooks to hold tools and gardening equipment. Pop in brackets and you can install shelving as well. Then use labeled jars or a multi-drawer storage system to separate small pieces of hardware.
• Get things off the floor and onto the walls and ceiling. Install inexpensive hooks to hold bikes, rakes, brooms, sleds, ladders, and hoses. Install cabinets and shelving along the back or side walls.
• Make it easy for kids to access and put away their own stuff. A tall can will neatly hold hockey sticks, baseball bats, and other long items. Corral balls in a large bin.
• Finally, keep a fire extinguisher handy, mounted on the wall.
© 2017 Articles on Demand™
Remember if you need professional organizing assistance and support with your family life, home and/or office, you are cordially invited to contact ...
Donna LaRoche, M.Ed., Professional Organizer Serving Cape Cod, Metro West and Eastern Massachusetts Contact 617.640.2366 www.energizeandorganize.com
Phone: 617.640.2366 | Falmouth and Natick, Massachusetts
Organizing Cape Cod, MetroWest and Eastern Massachusetts including Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge, Concord, Dover, Framingham, Medfield, Millis, Natick, Needham, Newton and Villages, Norfolk, Sherborn, Sudbury, Waltham, Watertown, Wayland, Wellesley and Weston © 2020