If a home disaster (fire, flood) or natural disaster (hurricane, tornado, tsunami, mudslide, flooding, earthquake, volcano ...) should strike, are your important papers protected? Do you have a bank safe deposit box and/or a fire-proof, water-proof home safe? If you have both, be sure to keep the original documents at the bank and copies in your home safe. Many people opt to keep electronic records of their important papers for each family member as well!
If you are all set, good for you!
If not, no time like the present to get that important task completed!
Here's a list of what you should include in your important papers collection.
1. Adoption paper and citizenship papers
2. Birth, death and marriage certificates
3. Driver's license (copy)
4. Divorce decrees
5. Financial papers ... stock and bond certificates, etc.
6. Insurance policy papers (medical, dental, home, automobile)
7. List: include all of your account numbers and corresponding phone numbers (credit cards, checking and savings account, as well as accountant, broker/financial planner, executor of will, health care proxy, insurance agent, lawyer, etc.)
8. Lease agreements and loan documents
10. Military records
12. Personal property appraisals (artwork, collectibles, jewelry)
13. Photo negatives or photo CDs
14. School records, diplomas
15. Social Security cards
16. Vehicle titles
17. Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney, Health Care Proxy, Living Will papers
Remember if you need assistance and support with your family life, home and/or office, you are cordially invited to contact ...
Donna LaRoche, M.Ed., Professional Organizer Serving Cape Cod, Metro West and Eastern Massachusetts Contact 617.640.2366 www.energizeandorganize.com
Phone: 617.640.2366 | Falmouth and Natick, Massachusetts
Organizing Cape Cod, MetroWest and Eastern Massachusetts including Arlington, Belmont, Cambridge, Concord, Dover, Framingham, Medfield, Millis, Natick, Needham, Newton and Villages, Norfolk, Sherborn, Sudbury, Waltham, Watertown, Wayland, Wellesley and Weston © 2020